History of the Town of Bernardston, 1736-1900; Lucy Cutler Kellogg 1902 See also Vol 2 1900-1960 by ________
[this text from Chamber of Commerce web site]
Bernardston Historical Society Museum, located on Church Street. The building once housed Powers Institute, which was founded in 1857, and includes memorabilia from the school. The collection also includes farm and household tools, textiles and a Lumen Nelson collection of small animals and birds. Open Sunday, May through October, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. or by appointment. Call 413-648-5311 or 413-648-9406 for further information.